"Orchestrating" Real Estate - It's Music to My Ears!
Not so many years ago I did quite a bit of singing - I couldn't imagine a time that I wouldn't want to sing - and music was forefront for over 30 years.
Over the past six years, I've found the creative juices needed in Real Estate tend to satisfy many of the same things I that fired me up through music and performance:
- Passion and Excitement - there's nothing like pre-performance jitters and then the thrill of applause
- The first client contact clear through to successful close of escrow. Talk about a jump of adrenaline when your phone rings and that fantastic feeling of satisfaction at the closing.
- Conducting - Generally it was my accompanist/band and I, but on occasion I directed a choir or praise group, student drama, holiday event - great fun.
- Contractors, inspectors, handymen, surveyors, escrow personal, buyers, sellers, agents...talk about an orchestration!
- Referrals - Nothing like singing at someone's event to get asked to sing another - great word of mouth because folks were attracted to your singing and bookings for the next gig were often on the spot!
- Successful communication, strong working relationships, satisfied customers build into a fantastic referral base for future business. I love a phone call that says, "I got your name from so-and-so...."
I stopped by to visit some clients of mine today in their new home of two weeks and they asked for more business cards.
Now that's music to my ears!!