The Fun and Excitement are about to begin in Anaheim as 20,000 real estate professionals converge for the annual convention!
This will be a week for me to see friends, old and new! It'll be time to network, learn, laugh and look at all the new tech stuff at the meetings and the EXPO. I have attended every Convention since 1988 and it is one of the highlights of my year. I find it helps me understanding the BIG picture and get a chance to hear from people what IS working.
Here are a some tips that have helped me and hopefully if you are coming will help you!
The first, I'm sure won't surprise you, coming from me....
Have a plan!
- Know specific people you want to connect with. Make a list. Contact some of these people ahead of time and decide when and where you can connect.
- Make a list of specific items or resources you need to be more focused in the EXPO.
- Really important....... Create a budget for the EXPO. You will see many possible resources to spend money on!
- Make your "wish list" of new techniques or ideas you want to find out more about in the educational sessions or breakouts! Would your business thrive next year if you knew more about Going Green? Or working Short Sales? Or 2nd Homes?
- Keep a little journal with ideas you get and come back afterward and pick the next 3 (Joeann's Rule of 3) items to implement into your business. Prioritize the other ideas and time frame them or move to your "Maybe, Someday" list
- Pick the education sessions that are most relevant and then order the MP3 recordings of the others you can't go to. (If you aren't going to be there-you can still order these!)
If you aren't already going...it's not too late! Hop in the car or on a plane and come!
You can also follow the Twitter Stream at #narannual or follow the Facebook Page at Realtor's Conference and Expo.
Several of my coaching clients are having their best year ever and I also hear stories from people at the National Convention about how to thrive in these challenging times. Lots of reasons to be enthused! 2012 is going to be an amazing year.Are you ready? It IS your choice how it is going to look! Give yourself the advantage.