As you start to shop for the holidays (or any time of year for that matter) shop locally as suggested in this great post by Toni Weidman.
Thanks Toni for this great post!
Let's Help Keep our Local Businesses Open
Going shopping for the holidays? We can generate a whole new tradition. This year Americans can give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Because there is-there always has been if you just look around.
- It's time to think outside the box. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper? Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?
- Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.
- Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small American-owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.
- Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plunking down your hard-earned money on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer or a round of golf at the local golf course or a gift certificate at a local grocery store.
- There are hundreds of restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast restaurant - this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.
- How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?
- Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning company for a day. I know I would!
- How about a new savings account for your grandchild. I’m not sure if that would go over big with the kid.
- OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make clothing, jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.
- Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or show at your hometown theatre..
- Honestly, do we REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese lights for the house? If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.
- You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so that China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine. THIS is the new American Christmas tradition.
- Buy local; buy from your friendly neighborhood stores.
This is an American revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what the holidays are all about?
BUY AMERICAN - BE AMERICAN the job you save might be your own......This came to me from our West Pasco Chamber of Commerce President, Joe Alpine; he asked me to share it. I made some minor changes to it but thought it was worthy of sharing. The Chamber works hard to grow West Pasco and keep our local businesses viable.I'm sure your community would like to do this too.
Looking for a great agent? Let me help you find one.Thinking of Selling Your Home in the Trinity-New Port Richey to Hudson Area? Call Me or email my assistant, Shayna (an SPCA Suncoast alumni).GRI, Broker-associate
Re/Max Sunset, Trinity, FL 34655727-237-0083
Website: www.toniweidman.comemail: email@example.comWe support the SPCA Suncoast in New Port Richey, FL.