The long-anticipated day has finally arrived: you can now create a Google+ page for your business! They are called “Branded Google+ pages”, and they are not only very easy to set up, but they’re also another way that you can truly expand your online presence. As your real estate virtual assistants, we like to keep you in the loop about the latest technology updates, so when we saw that Google+ rolled out this new feature early last week, we immediately created a branded Google+ page of our own.
We know what you’re thinking: yet ANOTHER profile for me to maintain? Trust me, I understand. It seems like technology is changing every day, and who really has the time to maintain all of these aspects of your social media presence every day? Despite this sentiment, these new Google+ pages are necessary. They’re taking all of the SEO benefits that Google+ provides and taking it to your business. If you haven’t already created a branded page, now is the time to do so.
As the Social Media and Copywriting Team Leader here at RealSupport, Inc. it’s part of my job to figure out these new features when they come out and help our clients get set up with the latest technology tool. I thought that since I’ve created a couple Google+ branded pages this week that I’d give some quick step-by-step instructions to help you get started.
• Go to http://plus.google.com and log in to your Google+ account. If you don’t have one, you’re going to have to create one. This is easily done by logging in to your Google account on the main page. From there, you’ll create a profile.
• Once you log in, scroll over to the right side of the page and look at the sidebar. Underneath where it says “Hangouts”, you will see a link that says “Create a Google+ page”. Click on that.
• Pick a category. As a real estate agent , you’ll most likely select “Local Business or Place.”
• Pick what country your business is in and put in your office phone number
• From there, you will be directed to a map where your office may show up. If you’re registered in Google Maps, then you will most likely come up. Pick the listing that applies to you and edit your business name to be what you want your page to be named, along with all contact information.
• Select a category that your business falls under, (most likely Home and Construction) and then make your page publicly visible by selecting that option from the drop-down menu.
• Make sure you agree to the Pages terms by checking the box and then click “Create.”
You’re done! Your Google+ page is now created, and from there, creating and editing your profile is the exact same as it is with your personal Google+ profile. You’ll include an introduction with keywords linking to your online presence, add photos and make sure your recommended links go to your website, blog and social media presence. After your page is created, make sure you publicize it on Facebook, Twitter and even your personal Google+ profile! You’ll want to start building your circles on your business Google+ page as soon as you can.
As daunting as having yet another profile may sound, this new Google+ feature is yet another imperative aspect of your online presence. The best part is that this feature is now compatible with HootSuite, so you can maintain this page on the same dashboard that you use to post to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If you need any help getting this new page set up, feel free to contact your real estate virtual assistants for help! We understand that you’re far too busy to keep on top of all the tech trends, and we’d be happy to help you in any way we can.
Have a great day!
Social Media Specialist