ActiveRain Veteran Celeste 'Sally' Cheeseman gives some excellent tips on how to make your blogging efforts really pay off!...Some great advice from someone who is a great example of what good consistent quality blogging is all about!
Blogging on ActiveRain has been a long road that brought me business as well as connecting with my peers. Blogging meant that I make my own ‘POP’ with content that will attract readers who wanted to know more about real estate, my local area and certainly ….a bit about me. Blogging isn’t just about me either.
With consistency, dedication and a whole lot of hard work…
Came business from the consumer and referrals from my peers.
We all want to have many featured posts, to accumulate lots of points and have LOTS of readers and business from our blogs. Well, here’s a bit of news. It doesn’t come easy!
Writing on ActiveRain about my local area and real estate are a given but I started thinking about this…… My blog has to have a personal side to it because it defines WHO I AM as a person! It’s WHO the consumer will call because they read a bit about WHO I AM …and the person behind these written words.
I have to make my own POP to my blog…
…. and everything else will follow.
QUALITY CONTENT! This is NUMERO UNO on the list for creating readership. Writing a few words that have no real substance ( just to get a few points) will not create long lasting readership. Believe me when I say we can see underneath those few meaningless words. Your content will come from your heart, mind and soul…and you will create your OWN magic when being REAL! Transparency. When writing a variety of topics, write as if you are conversing with the reader.
ADD VISUALS! I take MANY pictures of our Hawaiian scenery (ocean, flowers, historic sites etc), local areas and just …stuff around me. Entering pictures into my blog gives the story a visual and personal side to my area and WHO I AM. A picture will give me idea of what to write about too! (i.e. A picture of a path through the woods could present a story about my pathway to professionalism) Get out there and take your own pictures to use in your own blog.
COMMENT ON THEIR BLOGS TOO! You want readership? Go and comment on others blogs too! Don’t just leave a ‘thanks for the post’ or ‘good post’. READ it before commenting…and I mean REALLY read it. Don’t just skim and leave a comment that has nothing to do with the whole story. Don’t expect to receive comments if you don’t give them too. Connecting with others in the community means to interact with them too!
These are just a few tidbits to start with amongst using great titles, tags and keywords for a blog. The rest doesn’t come easy but these are my own person rules of thumb for Making My Own Magic in the World of Blogging:
- Write with conviction, wit, humor, passion because everyone will read you if you do.
- Write with original content and your own pictures that you created yourself because everyone will read if you do. (and remember, PLAGIARISM means Stealing! Do not copy and paste someone else’s words, photos or videos!)
- Write with wit, humor and emotion because everyone will read you if you do.
- Write with the intent of giving back to the community because everyone will read you and give back to you and the community too. It’s not just about me, me and me. It’s about you too!
- Write with integrity, honesty and respect because everyone deserves it and so do you.
- Write a comment or two for the post you just read (show sincerity) and everyone will continue to come back and read yours too.
- Write from your own thoughts with facts and not assumptions because no one will read you if you don't.
Having a Blog that Pops….
Is better than a Blog that Flops.
It’s really up to YOU.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate® and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocations, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents, Home Buyers and Sellers.
© 2007-2011 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog.
All rights reserved.