I listened to a wonderful teleseminar recently on how to attract clients without struggle by Jesse Koren and Sharla Jacobs. For those who feel like the word "sell" is a 4-letter word, you might like their approach as much as I do. I make every effort to follow their heart-centered approach to selling by incorporating 5 basic elements into EVERY conversation I have with potential clients. These elements are the same elements you'll find in Chinese medicine as well as in the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui. The 5 elements include: fire, earth, metal, water and wood. In a nutshell....
1. Fire represents the energy of summer. Having just the right amount of the fire element in your conversations gives people the feeling of WARMTH in your presence. You can "burn" your potential clients with too much enthusiasm (fire). And when you don't have enough, youll come across as lacking energy because you're literally "burnt out".
2. Earth represents your connection with the ABUNDANCE we find in nature. When earth element is in balance you know there is always more than enough and the desire to serve comes naturally. With too much earth element you find yourself giving too much away so that you're barely getting by. When earth is lacking, you're complaining that there's never enough money, business, time, etc., you're tight-fisted and needy which of course repels clients.
3. Metal represents the energy of gem stones and precious metals. The metal element in balance causes people to feel absolutely magnificent in your presence because you acknowledge their DIVINITY as well as your own. Not enough metal and you're overly critical. Too much metal might come across as insincere flattery.
4. Water represents CURIOSITY about the mystery of what's lies "under the surface" of the conversation. When water in balance you're curious about your clients, you ask lots of questions - you listen more than you speak. (There's a reason we have 2 ears and one mouth!) Too much water element and you think you already know what your clients' want and need, not enough and you will come across as lacking interest.
5. Wood represents focused and committed STRENGTH (envision the tiny sprout pushing tirelessly through dirt and rocks to reach the light). The wood element in balance is all about offering choices - daring to ask the question, "would you like to work with me?" Too much wood element and you're too pushy, not enough and you're too afraid to ask for the sale.
Jesse and Sharla assure us if we incorporate ALL of the 5 elements in BALANCE into every conversation we will attract all the clients we need without struggle. They also shared other pearls of wisdom...
"You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great"
"All masters started as disasters"
"The Universe wants us to be successful and will never give us more than we can handle"
Jesse and Sharla are award-winning million dollar mentors and are considered to be the leading authorities in holistic business training. After struggling to build their own practices, they figured out a heart-based method for attracting tons of clients. They have taught thousands of coaches and heart-based entrepreneurs how to increase their business success. Go here to learn more about them .