I did a little reaserch and found a lot of fun facts sourrounding Thanksgiving. Here are some you may not have heard of.
1. The author of Mary Had a Little Lamb ( Sara Hale) was credited as the person most responsible for making Thanksgiving a U.S. National Holiday.
2. In 1939, Franklin Roosevelt moved Thanksgiving to one week earlier than usual so that Christmas Shopping would last longer. After pubic disapproval, he later admitted his mistake and officially made the fourth Thursday in November a National Holiday for Thanksgiving.
3. The Worlds Largest Turkey is Frazee, MN. ( also know for being The Turkey Capital of the world)
4. Niel Armstrong's first space meal was roasted turkey.
5. Benjamin Franklin once proposed the Turkey as the Official United States Bird and was very unhappy that Bald Eagle was chosen instead. Franklin thought the eagle showed "bad moral character" while the turkey was a more of a "respectable bird".