When you are looking to purchase a home you will need to figure out what it is that you are wanting in a home. If there are two or more people buying the home each seperately write your wants and needs, then discuss together. From my experience as an Agent and a home buyer you might change your mind throughout the process. Here is a list of overlooked wants and needs to consider.
- What neighborhood you want to live in?
- What Town or City?
- How many bedrooms and baths?
- Do you want Land or a little back yard or known at all?
- Do you want to live where there is a HOA (home owners association)? Ask for monthly fees and restrictions.
- What setting?
- One Story or Muliptiple level?
- Turn Key home or something to fix up?
- Price range?
- Do you want to be close to schools?
- How long do you intend on occuping the property?
- Is this an owner occupied home or are you going to rent it?
- If you rent will it cover the mortgage?
- What style home: tract, condo, mobile home, single family residence, etc.
Now that you have made your list, number 1 to ... 1 being your most important want/need in a home to your least. Once you start to look at homes you might find that everything on your list is not going to be in one home. This is where your list will come in handy and you will find what is most important and least important.
Good luck and happy house hunting.
If are looking to buy or sell in the San Luis Obispo County area please call me to make an appointment.