When fans visit your blog, wouldn’t it be cool to offer them a fun incentive to keep them even more engaged? With Groupon’s new referral widget, you can! By adding the Groupon Referral Widget to your blog, visitors will have a chance to take advantage of your city’s daily deal provided by Groupon. For every Groupon purchased from your blog, you will receive $10 that will go directly into your Groupon account! Pretty neat, huh? You give a little and you get a little, what a great compromise.
For those of you who don’t know, here’s a little information about the fast-growing business known as Groupon. Groupon is a popular business that works with other businesses to offer local deals across the country. From food, shopping, entertainment, pampering and more, Groupon’s possibilities for sweet deals are endless. The deals usually range from a 50-90% discount, and reach subscribers via email or smart phone notifications. Groupon has helped thousands of businesses gain new customers and is the fasted growing business ever, and now they could help you, too!
Your real estate virtual assistants want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your social media efforts as engaging and enticing as possible. We are always searching for new ways to keep the interaction on your page at a steady high, and to keep the traffic coming.
Whew! Now for the fun part. To add this useful, fun and creative widget to your blog, follow these simple steps. Your readers will be happy you did!
1. Go to www.groupon.com. If you’re already a member, sign in with your login information. If you’re new to Groupon, the site will automatically prompt you with questions about your location and interests.
2. Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Groupon Referral Widget.” You will be brought to the Groupon Referral Widget page with the featured local deal in the top right corner. You may be tempted to purchase the featured deal, but keep on going. This won’t take long!
3. Under “appearance” select how you want the widget to look on your page. You can choose a color for everything down to the color of the price tag of the Groupon. As you are choosing your options, the featured deal to the right will update so you can see a preview of how it will appear on your page.
4. Select your location. While Groupon can automatically detect where visitors are coming from, you can select a specific location for your widget. By selecting a specific location, only deals in that area will appear on your page.
5. Enter your referral code. At the bottom of this page on the left hand side you will see the link “Get my referral code!” Click this and enter the code in the box where prompted. This will allow you to receive the $10 every time a Groupon is purchased from your page.
6. Generate your code. Click the “Generate Code” button and voila! Copy the code and paste it into your blog. For a Wordpress blog, follow these instructions. For a Blogger blog, try these. About.com is great place to find step-by-step instructions for adding widgets to most blogging platforms.
Thanks to your real estate virtual assistants (and Groupon, of course!) you now have another way to drive more traffic to your blog. For more information on how we can help you with blogging, social media and real estate marketing, contact us and we will answer any questions you may have.
Have an awesome day!