On ActiveRain, you have the ability to purchase exclusive local branding and community sponsorship of a neighborhood. Simply go to the "States" link in the top blue bar, click a state, click on city, and then click on a neighborhood. From here you can buy the exclusive local sponsorship of this neighborhood for $19/mo. You are branded in the upper right of the page and other members of the community are ranked below your picture. The majority of the traffic comes from local search targeting Ardmore in Bellevue, WA. See below picture of the Ardmore neighborhood of Bellevue.
Local sponsorships work well as long as there is new content on these pages and there is search traffic for the neighborhood.
ActiveRain local sponsorships look like this when consumer searches on Google:
ActiveRain has a lot of brand recognition in the real estate industry, but ActiveRain does not have massive consumer brand recognition (at least not yet.)
Market Leader bought a web site called RealEstate.com from LendingTree over the summer. RealEstate.com is a pretty interesting web site receiving roughly 1 million visitors per month and 7 million pageviews per month. Most of the traffic is driven by search, but a surprisingly large % is driven by people typing in real estate or realestate.com into their browser. RealEstate.com has very high domain authority of 79 similar to Trulia, Zillow and Homes.com.
Have you noticed the number of ads on real estate web sites like Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com?
Real estate web sites have become overly cluttered with ads, "featured agents" and featured homes. I live in Bellevue, WA. When I look across the top real estate web sites, 10 ads on Zillow, 4 ads on Trulia, and 7 ads on Realtor.com, not including "featured homes".
And when do featured listings or properties stop being featured? If all the properties are featured on the web site, are none of them featured?
RealEstate.com is re-launching in March 2011. With RealEstate.com there is a great opportunity to build a CLEAN consumer and real estate professional friendly and focused web site, given the strong consumer recognition and consumer brand of RealEstate.com Given ActiveRain's expertise in hyperlocal blogging and social media, ActiveRain has a great opportunity to build a great service from RealEstate.com's local content.
So what is the Local Expert Program on RealEstate.com?
- One Agent Per Page: A real estate agent or broker can receive exclusive branding on a local CITY page on RealEstate.com (not neighborhood or community), with the simple premise - One Agent per Page. Only one real estate agent will be featured on that page (not 10 agents like other sites).
- Local Data: The RealEstate.com local city pages will be data and photo rich containing homes sold information, demographic information, school information, and shopping information that is search engine optimized.
- Social Media: We are building out a social media area where the Local Expert real estatet agent will be able to post information on local events or other local features on that city (blogs, videos, microblogs). There will be-built in social sharing for the content on the page to FaceBook, Trulia, Google Plus and Youtube.
- Back Link Opportunity: Unlike other sites, we will allow real estate agents and brokers to backlink to their personal web site or IDX web site from RealEstate.com. A back link from RealEstate.com should help your personal blog or web site rank higher in the search engines
- Sold on a City by City Basis: We want ONLY one agent to represent each city (not neighborhood). So rather than selling local sponsorship for 10 neighborhoods in Bellevue, WA, we have one. The pricing varies based on the number of people that live in that city. So a real estate agent or real estate broker could purchase both the entitre city of Seattle, just the city of Bellevue, or the city of Monroe (a smaller city in Washington State ). The pricing ranges from $499 per month for all of Seattle to $79 per month for a smaller city.