As we move into the Christmas season, I've had some time to reflect. Mostly, that's due to the fact that my listing inventory is WAY down, not uncommon in Florida these days. The thing about Florida is, that if you price it right, it will sell. I happen to be pretty good at that. More sales, less sellers, interesting problem to have!
However, there aren't a whole lot of equity sellers left here. Many homeowners are waiting for things to improve. (Hint: you're gonna have a long wait) We have a proliferation of REOs, short sales and other market conditions that continue to have a negative effect on not only our pocketbooks, but our mindsets. So what's a Realtor to do, in order to not only prevent themself from jumping off the nearest bridge, but to also keep a smile on our face for the public...... who, unless they live under a rock, must be even more nervous than they let on?
Here's the short list, of what we can do to keep moving forward and not join in the pity party, and what's working for me. Here's to making 2012 our best year ever!
Controlling the Negative/Accentuating the Positive:
1. Media avoidance! Don't watch the train wreck, don't listen to the media. After all, weren't they the ones who told us several years ago that we were not in a real estate bubble? They didn't know what they were talking about then, and they still don't. Real estate is hyper local, and the national news is meaningless.
2. Affirmations! Writing and chanting them daily, first thing in the morning, can help you solidify your belief in your abilities and what your intent is for the day.
3. Goal setting! Do you even know what you want? How are yo going to get where you want to go, if you don't have a map, and more importantly, why you are going there?
4. Have Faith! Know that God has blessed each and every person with the innate desire to help others. When you put that desire to work, put others needs and wants first, and have a genuine love, interest in, curiosity, and desire to help - success is yours.
5. Get a coach. Some of the very best are very affordable these days. Accountability and professional help will keep you on the right track and keep you in touch with other like-minded sales professionals to keep you motivated and positive.
6. Gratitude! Yes! Remember, when you think things are rough, look around. We live in the most prosperous nation on Earth. If you have a home, car, money in the bank and food on the table, you have more than 90% of the people in the world. Congratulations, and remember to say Thank You.
Remember, it's a GREAT day to be a Realtor. Go out and make something happen, and be a blessing to everyone!
Kelly Fischer, RE/MAX Classic Vero Beach FL 772-539-7706