The Benefits of Home Ownership from Joe Kelly
Here are just some of the financial/tax advantages of home ownership:
- Owning versus renting is an investment in your family's future
- Seeing the break-even point on an adjustable rate mortgage
- Deduction of qualified interest & property taxes from the income on a first or second home
- Avoiding the payment of capital gains tax if selling your home (must have lived 2 out of the last 5 years in your home to qualify)
- Investing in real estate is still one of the best proven growth investments.