I posted some of this post in response to anoth blog that i read, but i thought it was necessary to write an expanded blog entry to share with everyone.. so here goes....
I remember a time when i had a full thick head of hair and I never really considered baldness or receding hairlines or the like and one night i was getting ready to go out to a club with some frineds when one frined commented that my hair was a mess and that i needed a haircut before we went out, after some arguing the consensus was that i really needed a haircut and that one of my friends would do it for me... Needless to say the fact that we were already drinking in preparation for our night on the town it was not a great idea to start with! At the completion of my new coife i quickly realized and anoth consensus was reached that it need to be shaved completely, so i was very angry as one would expect but it need to be done so i shaved the head, and i actually liked the way it looked and women wanted to touch my head which was also nice! I have been bald for quite a while now by choice, at first i shaved it because i liked the look of the shaved head but there came a time when i decided i wanted to have a full head of hair again so i started to grow out my hair and then when i tried to grow it back i looked like Julius Ceasar, with hair at the back and sides but little on top! So i quickly reverted to the shaved head and have kept it ever since, except for the odd time when i try to bother my wife by letting it grow in for a few weeks until she cant take it any more and begs me to shave it! As us men know women can be very persuasive when they want to be! Grrrrrrr
I decided after a very short time with my newly realized baldness that i would have 2 choices, the first would be to condem the baldness, deny it and search for alternatives to cover it up and the second was to embrace it and discover all of the benefits of a bald head so i decided to enbrace the baldness and some of the reason are listed below;
- No costly haircuts, just a set of clippers and 5 minutes a week
- No fussing around with drying or styling hair in the morning
- No shampoo or conditioner to purchase just a bit of extra body wash in the shower
- In and out of the shower, fully dressed and off to work in minimal time
- I have a large head, so without hair i can more easily find hats that fit
- Did i mention that i have a large head? so if i ever decide i need to do a bit more advertising i can imprint my large bald head with an advertising message!
- I provide a safe snag free landing pad on my bald head for my inlaws pet bird Buddy
- If i decide to go to a tanning booth i will get more value for my dollar becaus eof the added skin surface area that i will be tanning
- If my wife and I are out and she needs to fix her makeup a quick polish and she can use my head as a mirror
- I can use to bald head to gain a competitive advantage while playing sports or attending sporting events by angling the reflection of the sun into the opposing players eyes
- My bald head allows me to be very appealing to babies, as they see and recognize me as one of their own, just a much larger version!
- If i let my stubble grow in just a bit i can use my head as an exfoliator for my hands and arms, legs are just too difficult!
There are many other benefits, and very very few negatives, and that is because i choose to see the glass as half full,but i look forward to hearing from you if you are bald or know someone that is let me know what other benefits there are! Or if you prefer you can tell me about the benefits of having hair and we can compare!