I keep a list of most of my blogs on my profile page for easy navigation and for a quick find if I need it. It really helps so you don't have to go back through all your months of blogging to find that one blog you were looking for.
Well here's the list of just a few of the best SEO related blogs. There are more ActiveRain related blogs on my profile page.
Let's start at the beginning... what is SEO and why is it so important?
I see this a lot and wanted to clear up whether you should be submitting all the time like many website providers suggest.
Are you writing for the search engines or the reader?
Are you using those heading tags to your advantage? Write then optimize and use your keywords in content, tags for navigation and categories for organization.
- What Are H1 and H2 Tags? Defining and Using Proper Headings
- The Difference Between Keywords, TAGS, and Categories
By answering questions you build community, trust and eventually business.
A few things you must know to optimize a blog post.
- Simple Facts for Optimizing a Blog Post
- Essentials for Effective SEO Blogging
- Email Contest - Quick Checklist for Optimizing Your Blog
- Where to Get Great FREE Pictures and Graphics for your Blog - How to Add Picture to Your Blog
A couple social media tricks to get more "likes", more hits and more business
- One little step that could be paying you back big time
- Top 5 Ways to Gain Back Links from Social Media Sites
Information on duplicate content. Post where the blog or website page originated making sure it has been indexed first.
- Can Pages on your Website Bring as Much Traffic as a Blog?
- Syndicating is ok when you acknowledge the source - Posting to Multiple Blogs
- Stop Copying and Pasting! You Hear Me? Stop it Stop it Stop it!
Those long titles and keyword rich headings can really add up to some business.
Don't expect your efforts are going to kick in right away. It takes time and we are at Google's mercy.
- Instant SEO - It's NOT an Overnight Process
- Wondering How Long it will Take For Your Site To Rank on Google? Well, Keep Wondering.....
- Are you gonna stick with it? Or do you fizzle out quickly?
How to start out with good content, effectively write it and naturally add in your keywords.
- What is Considered a High Quality Website or Content?
- Writing a Localized Post - How NOT to Copy WikiPedia
- You May Have a Good Point, But Is Anyone Interested in Your Blog?
- How to Naturally Add Keywords into your Content
What does Google really want from a site?
- How Many Keywords Does Google and Search Engines Want?
- Algorithm Foreplay (Part 2)
- Algorithm Foreplay (Part 1)
Tips for optimizing your cookie cutter template or website.
- How to Deal with / Optimize a Templated or TurnKey Website with Given Content
- Do Not's In SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for 2011
- Linking Your Website URL to Your Website Name ..... NO NO
- How Many Websites do you Really Need?
- SEO Tip: Don't Use the Term "CLICK HERE" For Anything!
How linking really affects your ranking - from back links to anchor tags.
- Don't Be Scared of a NO FOLLOW Tag - Your Voice is Still Being Heard!
- Canonical Linking - Are You Duplicating and Don't Even Know it?
- What's a Backlink and Why They are So Important - And the Most Important Ones
- Got Multiple Domains? Are You Redirecting Them Correctly? - (URL Redirects)
- How to Use Backpage For SEO Purposes