Will this be the year you finally acheive your New Year's Resolutions?
When I think of "New Years Resolutions" I have to giggle a little, because they've become kind of a joke "so, did you make it past the 2nd of January? Ha ha ha!" But if you're SERIOUS about making a positive change in your life, it can be done… last January 1st I was in a size 20 jeans and today I'm sitting here in 10's, so it CAN be done! Here are a few tips to get there this time, whether it's weight loss, quitting smoking, getting your debt under control… whatever YOU want:
- Don't set an unrealistic goal that is impossible to achieve, you'll just get frustrated and quit
- Find someone that has already achieved what you want to do and follow what they did
- Find a friend that has the same goals as you and buddy up to tackle it together
- Tell the world what you're doing… Facebook, a blog, whatever! Then you have some accountability (see www.AndysChallenge.com)
- Make sure it's something that you'll KNOW when you've achieved it, example: "I'll get in a size 10 by November" not "I'll lose weight"
- Plan a reward when you hit it… I've set a goal for January 31st and I'm not buying any clothes until I hit it! (reward doesn't have to cost money… get creative!)
- "Burn your boats" as clothes got too big, I donated them so I can't put the weight back on (I wouldn't have anything to wear!)
Hope this sparks something in YOUR life this year!