- In 1801 a district courthouse serving Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun and Prince William Counties was built in Haymarket VA.
- In 1807 the Virginia General Assembly established circuit courts in each county and ordered the building be sold
- In 1809 it was sold to the Hygeia Academy (a medical college} which was a financial failure
- In 1822 it was resold to William Skinker,Jr who allowed it to be used as a church by Episcopalians and Presbyterians
- In 1830 he deeded it to St Paul's in memory of his wife and is the oldest church in continuous use in Prince William County.
During the Civil War it served as a hospital for Confederate troops wounded at The Battle of Manassas It was also used as a stable by Union troops, but when they torched the town of Haymarket the only thing remaining were the exterior walls requiring the sanctuary to be rebuilt
Union troops interred in the church cemetery were relocated to Arlington. The graves of 80 Confederates remain. You can learn more about this very active congregation at Saint Pauls Church Haymarket VA
The Kruschkas are long term Prince William County residents with more than 30 years experience as real estate brokers serving Woodbridge, Manassas, Dumfries, Manassas Park, Bristow, Brentsville, Gainesville and Haymarket.
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia