This will be the last post in this series and will tie up some loose ends concerning other types of Inspections you may want to consider as well as an estimate of cost.
- Home Inspection: $300.00 (paid at time of inspection)
- Septic Inspection (if applicable): $125.00
- Well Inspection (if applicable) $125.00
- Well Water Inspection (if applicable) Free is through DEHEC (SC)
- Heating & Air-Conditioning Inspection/Letter: $100.00
- Termite Inspection/Letter: $100.00 (VA Loan Seller has to pay.)
Other inspections could be pool, roof, radon, chimney to name a few. As your Realtor I would be glad to help you find someone to do these inspections and any others you wish. A good rule of the thumb the older the home the more inspections you would want.
One final word "Warranty". I would highly recommend for used homes and Coldwell Banker has one for both buyer and sellers and it is competitively priced. Whether a Buyer or Seller a Warranty just makes sense.