Today I received an email from Marketing Guru, David Frey. If you don't follow him, I would highly suggest checking out his site - Marketing Best Practices.
He had some great tips for showing appreciation to your clients, and think it's great to be reminded of this during this time of year. You should also infuse some of these ideas into your business planning for 2012!
Here I will expound on his tips with ways that they can be used in Real Estate:
7 Ideas for Showing Appreciation
1. Send out personal, heartfelt, thank you cards to everyone that buys from you. - I think that a great card during a holiday that most people don't expect cards is the best thing to do, because EVERYONE mails at Christmas time, but not many send New Year's cards.
2. Do special events just for past customers. - I have seen many ideas in line with this. You could rent out a theatre for a matinee, and invite your current and past clients and their families for a private showing. You could hold a special BBQ during the summer and invite your past and present clients (I did this, and had games for the kids, karaoke, and jumpers). I think your imagination is the only limit with this idea.
3. Give something special to repeat customers who have purchased multiple items from you. - I give a special commission rate to contractors who list more than one property at a time, or to clients who have purchased multiple properties through me.
I also give special gifts to clients at the closing table, to let them know how much I appreciate their business.
4. Send special gifts to the 20% of your customers that produced 80% of your profits. - A gift card for a great restaurant, or a homemade gift during the holidays, are always special touches for those special clients.
5. Send a broadcast voicemail to all your best customers to say thank you. - You can also use text messaging for this same purpose.
6. Create a special customer appreciation video to send to your customers. - You can use your webcam on your computer, or record a video and add in an intro and title credits by using Windows Live Movie Maker (for PC) that is a free download.
7. Use JiveVideoSystems.com and create personal appreciation videos that you can send to your best customers on an individual basis. - Of course, getting a personalized message that addresses each client is a great way to really connect!
So put some thought into ways you can show appreciation, and add these to your Business Plan for 2012. And if you haven't started your Business Plan for the new year, then you are welcome to go through my "Strategic Purpose - Journey to Success 2012" as my gift to you this Holiday season! Just go to http://leadgenerationforrealestate.com/plan/ and log in for free!