"When in Rome ...."
Not long after arriving in Texas, I was informed that one of the first things I needed to purchase for myself were some @**-kickin' cowboy boots. "Everyone has at least one pair,” I was told. So ... presenting my very own pair of cowboy boots! And, just in time.
Bye, Bye 2011!
You now join a few other 'I Would Like To Forget' years that were equally challenging, character building, stressful -- and sprinkled with just enough personal and professional setbacks. Yet, you are soon to be my past, and I look forward to the future and the limitless opportunities I will create to make a fresh start.
In the spirit of reaching new goals and hopes for a better year in a new environment, I now have a few more things to add to my "2012 To Do List":
1. Continue to make my health Priority Numero Uno
2. Find cute cowboy hat to match boots
3. Learn "Boot Scootin'" - line dancing or two-stepping in these parts
4. Ride the mechanical bull - um ... well, a definite "maybe"
5. Sign up for TexMex cooking classes (or any cooking classes)
6. See #4 Above: Try to keep refrigerator stocked with more than a bottle of hot sauce and a box of Arm & Hammer baking soda
7. Don't take anything or anyone for granted -- and vice versa. Enjoy life as much as possible -- "This Ain't No Dress Rehearsal"
8. Increase my frequency of blog postings and comments on ActiveRain*
9. Read more posts and subscribe to more blogs on ActiveRain*
10. Continue to meet more truly awesome people on ActiveRain*
*One thing I've learned is that you can take the girl out of ActiveRain ~ but you can't take ActiveRain out of the girl!
Wishing everyone a blessed and joyous New Year filled with good health, new and exhilirating adventures, great friendships, success and prosperity, love, peace and contentment. Happy 2012!