It’s now possible to get property listed in the MLS for a low flat fee or perhaps even sell it on your own through Craig’s List. But, without the help of a full-service agent, you would, in essence, be hiring yourself as your own agent. And, for you to do that job well, we think you must be able to succeed at ten things:
1. You must be able to properly price your property—and that can be hard to do without access to the CLOSED sale records of the MLS.
2. You must be able to prepare professional listing materials. You may be surprised how hard it is to write good listing sheets and brochures aimed at the right audience.
3. You must know a good Virtual Tour artist. We think the average Virtual Tour fails to sparkle, and a below-average tour could actually hurt your property’s value.
4. You must be able to stage the property well. Putting a property on market ‘as is’ often means a LOWER price, and good staging advice from friends is hard to get.
5. You must know the in’s and out’s of online marketing. For example, Realtor.com and Tribune.com don’t just offer one level—we know how to work their enhanced level.
6. You must have day, evening, and weekend showing availability. How many showing requests can you afford to turn down because you are at work or are busy?
7. You must be a GOOD showing agent. We don’t just open the door and let the buyer in. We know how to position your property against the competition and show it well.
8. You must be able to track the market. We will set up a Market Watch for you that provides total insight to new listings, price cuts, and properties sold.
9. You must know how to ‘broker’ the deal. Especially in a Buyer’s market or when the buyer knows you are representing yourself, you should expect many low-ball offers.
10. You must excel at contract-to-close. We can’t promise a 100% close rate, but we think sellers who fail at ‘contract to close’ may experience, at best, 75% success.
Some stories of people who did sell property for themselves will follow.
And this is just the start of what you’ll find at www.Chicagoland2to4Flats.info!!!