Baby Boomers are starting to reach retirement age. The oldest Boomers are now about 66 years old and the youngest are about 50. As this group continues to move into the retirement age range, we will see a lot of money being made selling homes to them.
The niche that is being overlooked is downsizing for average income folks. Homes are needed that can accommodate this aging "egg in the snake" segment of our society. Let's consider what is missing as far as housing choices for this group.
- A dining room large enough to hold a china cabinet and a formal dining room suite
- Handicapped accessible doors (36" wide)
- Handicapped friendly kitchen counters and bathroom sinks
- A roll-in shower
- A hard floor throughout (no carpet)
- Grab bars
- Covered patio for cooking outdoors
- Secure double car garage
- Security system
- A place to store and use tools
- A yard just large enough to grow a rose bush and a couple of tomato plants
Put all this together in an affordable package and see who beats a path to your door.