Say Happy Birthday to Judi! And what a great post she has written on her very special day - and one I think we all can appreciate and learn from. Head on over and tell her Happy Birthday - I have disabled comments so you can go straight to Judi to tell her!
TODAY was the day to implement changes in my life. How do you celebrate a brithday? 2011 December Blogging Challenge
Today is my birthday. I’ve been dreading this one,for a few months...rolling into a new round number, a new decade, I really wasn’t sure how today was going to feel.
With today’s birthday, my life is probably at least half over.When that thought hit me a couple of weeks, ago, it brought with it a whole series of thoughts that turned this birthday into something positive. What better day to implement changes than on a birthday??
It’s time to start the second half of my life .. a second life.. a second beginning so to speak. It’s time to leave behind the things that I do not want in my second life and it’s time to fully embrace the things I do want.
In my second life, a second chance to get it right.. I’m double lining somethings and calling them a closed transaction.
- I’m leaving worry behind. Worry does not accomplish anything except give us gray hairs.
- I’m living organized. An organized life...AH...doesn’t that sound good. I started in the kitchen today.. If I don’t love it or need it, it’s going out the door. My clothing closet is on the list. Such peace comes from being organized and getting rid of the things that we do not need or love but are just taking up space.
- I am losing that 5 pounds and after I do, I’m losing 5 more. No excuses.. they are coming off.
- I’m going to be good to myself, rest when tired, sleep when sleepy...wear the new top instead of saving it in the closet, have my nails done, eat right, take a walk, love life, enjoy my family and friends..
- My second life... starting fresh... leaving the baggage behind that has made me feel bad. I’m forgiving myself for not being perfect, for mistakes that I’ve made in my life.. for bad choices that were not so obviously bad when I made them.
Life is good.. God has been good to me. He is a loving kind God and I’m so glad that He has not taken me out of this life yet. I’d like to be a much better person than I am when I leave here.. and there’s only one way to become a better person.. as the Nike slogan says, “Just do it!”.
A strange thing happened today as I took the day off to ponder and think about this second life... Great peace, great determination, unconditional acceptance of life, aging, and self washed over me, it's time to allow me to be me because I actually like me pretty good..For some reason this birthday has affected me more than any other and I do not want to lose that effect.
Today was an awesome day. I hope yours was too!
Looking for a home for sale in Idabel, Oklahoma? Let me Google that for you.
Judi Barrett, B.S. Edu.,
Broker, Integrity Real Estate Services, Office Address: RR 5 BOX 126, IDABEL, OK 74745 580-212-5946
Our Name Says It All.
Real Estate Services You Can Trust.
If you enjoyed this post, why not connect with me elsewhere?
Real Estate ServicesOur name says it all.Visit our website to view listings in Southeast Oklahoma, including both Choctaw County and McCurtain County Oklahoma