Originally posted at My Fishers Blog
If you are moving to Fishers Indiana, you will be excited to know Fishers was just named the safest place to live in the nation according to CQ Press. CQ is one of the best database references in the country and produces the crime rating report once a year.
The City Crime Rankings report was based on the 2010 crime statistics of 405 cities and Fishers had the lowest violent crime rate for cities with populations between 75,000 and 100,000.
Here is a list of the awards Fishers has received most recently:
- Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (IACT) Green Community
- #1 Top 10 Cities for Families in U.S. – The Learning Channel (TLC)
- Certificate of Excellence from the Center for Performance Measurement (ICMA)
- #1 Best Affordable Suburb in U.S.- BusinessWeek.com
- #2 Best Under-rated Golf Community in U.S. – Livability.com
- Healthiest County in Indiana – Community Health Network
- Top 100 Places to Live in 2010 – RelocateAmerica
- Top 100 Best Places to Live in America (#8 Ranking) – Money Magazine
- IPEP Award for Workplace Safety
Working with clients who are relocating to Fishers, I hear things about our affordability, our schools, our convenience to downtown and our friendliness.