Because I don't want this page Google Indexed, I will refer to the site as F-MLS
Many leads will be automated, but some are not. Agents should use Instant Messenger (IM) so that when you are on the computer, I can see you and ask if you are available for a lead. Like a virtual office place (don't have IM? see blog post to get started).
Instructions for getting added to the Lead Phone List for F-MLS Leads.
First put in your phone 619-770-1993 and save it
as something like "F-MLS Lead" and maybe change the ringtone. (Maybe "I want to be a Billionaire")
Initial Pitch for F-MLS New Registered Users:
These instant call patches will be new users that just registered for the site and
1) said they have no agent
2) put in a real and then verified phone number
3) In a price range over $300k
4) In your area.
My system will connect an agent with the new user in under 1 minute.
The system will call one agent at a time in a sequence. If you hear silence, you didn't pick up in time.
Step 1: Getting a call. (note your caller id should say F-MLS Lead, because it is always the same #)
If you get a call, answer, listen to the details on the user and Press 1 to connect to the user (try not to press 9 to repeat the message, as it might drop you, and only press 2 if you are certain it is a caller that said "dont call me again").
Once connected, the web user will see the caller ID 703-827-4OO6 (our office line)
YOUR CALLER ID, for YOUR NUMBER! (updated 10-2012)
Step 2: If they don't pickup. (75% wont)
Only about 25% of people pick up. If they do NOT pick up, leave a message saying something like "This is XYZ from XYZ Realty, just calling to check in with you about your registration on F-MLS. About 80% of new users don't sign up for email alerts and miss out on all the great functions. I will try you again later, my number is... my email is... Bye." or make a joke about it "... heck you might still be on the Welcome page, that is how fast we work over here..." Whatever is your style. Make sure to mention F-MLS
Update 10-2012: Feel free to leave a message that you WILL be signing them up for alerts and following up via email to tell them exactly what criteria you did and to discuss changes. Nothing is more powerful then email alerts. Consider it a poor man's drip campaign.
Step 2: If they DO pickup.
The other 25% that answer.
Update 10-2012: After the initial hello, try this line "Are you looking for condos or detached in XYZ area." A question people can't say NO easily to.
- Most are shocked and did not expect a call. Try and spin it into an example of the amazing service they can expect. DO NOT ask for their name or phone number or email, because in theory you already have it (see below for getting this info a minute after the call), so that would be strange. You can focus on helping them with the site, mainly email alerts. That is the best feature of the site, but 80% don't do it properly. Say something like "May I sign you up for all detached homes from $400k-$550k in XYZ County". Or ask them "So what areas and zip codes are you considering, would you like to get email alerts..."
- Sometimes the person will be a user registered user but ready to see homes today (rarely).
If they want to know more about Saved Search email alerts, tell them they will get all new listings and price drops in their search criteria. Either County, zipcode, home type etc.
Advanced users can be told about the benefits of Favoriting a home (clicking the heart symbol on the listing or on the spreadsheet page). Where you get EVERY change in the listing from remarks, to price, to under contact and the great "Sold" email with the price.
- If things go well you can offer to meet, or ask them more about why they are moving. The end goal is a face to face. 92% of new buyers pick the first agent that they meet. Obviously the goal is not to be too annoying and aggressive either. You can always follow up later.
- Let me know if you find a good pitch that works.
Step 3: Objections
1) If they say they have an agent... this is tougher. Note that their sign up said NO AGENT clearly, or you wouldn't get a call. So some might say they have an agent now get you off their back. So with these people, you can still be helpful and offer to set up the alerts anyhow, no obligation. And if something changes they should contact you, and they can do so by the follow up email you plan on sending confirming the alerts set up.
2) Sometimes it is a wrong number. Say sorry, and let the user hang up. WAIT. The system will prompt you also let you press a # to NOT REPEAT dial them. Since sometimes short calls will trigger a repeat call to that person. We want to not call that person back.
3) Sometimes it is a landline and the other spouse picked up the phone (ie clueless). Also see above to not repeat dial.
Step 4: Let me know
For now, after leaving a VM or talking to somebody email me and say "I got a call for X County for $500k,. please forward me the rest of their info"
Soon I will have a login system for you and you can import that client into your branded IDX, so you can 1) sign them up for alerts and 2) they will get email alerts with your branding on it and every page will have YOUR ad on it.
Step 5: Sign up email alerts
Here are the steps to sign up an already registered user into email alerts
1) Always clear out your browser. The site is Cookie based so you have to act like a new user. Do this by going to www.f___lymls.com/clear (replace with porper domain)
1b) Hit your branded IDX page.
2) Login as the person with their email address (if you see they have not confirmed their email, let me know)
3) Conduct the search that they requested like: (22101,22044) Detached from $500k to $600k.
4) Press the button Save Search in the middle of the page. It will then sign them up for all new homes in that criteria. The default is daily alerts. There is a link to make it hourly if they request that (or if you offer that in your pitch). Few people know about this switch too.
5) Logout, you can click the logout button (NOT the UNSUB... button) or visit again www.f___lymls.com/clear
Then follow up saying "I just signed you up for XYZ, I will check in with you in a few days to go over some more advanced features after you have had time to play with the site, please let me know if you have any questions"
Pitch for "Showing Request"
These less frequent calls will be people wanting to see a home. They ARE expecting a call so they pick up 80% of the time.
They have indicated they do NOT have an agent. But sometimes they will have an agent or they dont want an agent, and want the listing agent and are confused.
For those that don't have an agent, offer to show them the house. I don't recommend an exclusive buyer agency agreement on the first visit, but that is up to your broker. When you go to the house, maybe offer them some insight into not only the home and area, but also the Listing Agent. Showing them the F____lyCRA.com data, like "this agent tends to sell homes for 93% of the list price when X days on the market, when selling in this price range", stuff a listing agent wouldn't tell them and a hint at what you can offer that going directly to a LA couldn't.
Offer to set them up with email alerts, as 90% will not have done this. When you sign up a NEW user (showing requests are oftentimes NOT registered users), do so first by going to YOUR branded IDX www.f____lymls.com/YOURID so that the user will be tagged to your account and start seeing only your ads.
Let me know if you have any questions.