We are two days from a new year...the diapered baby and old man with a beard about to pass in the hallway of time. Are you thinking about buying or selling a home in 2012? Will this be the year you downsize and simplify your life? Has your family grown out of your current home?
Call on me (or text or email) and I will save you time and work hard to help you achieve your real estate goals!
In case you are a first time home buyer, here is a synopsis of the process:
· Contact me and put me to work for you!
· I will get you in touch with a mortgage loan specialist. You get pre-qualified for a home loan (unless you may be paying cash)
· We meet and go over your needs and wants in a home and sign a few papers
· We look on the computer and narrow down the homes on the market to the ones that suit you best.
· I make appointments and we go see homes and you choose one! (by the way, there is no charge for my services to you as a buyer)
· We prepare a contract with the amount you offer, the date you want to take possession, etc. You put up a small option fee for the seller and earnest money that goes to the title company.
· Negotiations may now take place.
· Once all are in agreement we have an 'effective contract' and it is time to order an inspection.
· When the report comes in from the inspector you may choose to ask for some repairs and this is another time that negotiations may take place.
· With this resolved we move forward toward closing which is typically around 30 days from the 'effective date' of the contract.
· An appraisal is ordered and the home needs to appraise for at least the sales price.
· Oh! During this time a buyer should NOT quit their job, make any major purchases, or do anything that might negatively affect their credit. Your credit will be checked again shortly before closing.
· One the day of closing you will bring a cashier's check for the amount you need to pay upfront - the title company will let you know this amount a day or two before closing.
· Once the loan is funded (same or next business day) then you GET YOUR KEYS and begin an exciting new chapter of your life in your new home!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!
Mary Benton, Lubbock REALTOR
FIND ME ON FACEBOOK! MARY BENTON, REALTOR * ANSWER THE POLL TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING FOR A STARBUCKS GIFT CARD!