VA Appraisals in Jacksonville NC, and across the nation, were given a policy change, issued from the Department of Verteran's Affairs, to include interior photos of the subject property effective December 15, 2011.
The Veterans Benefit Adminsitration, Department of Veterans Affairs, issued Circular 26-11-21 Policy Changes Affecting Value Adjustments And Photographs. This Circular announced changes to two issues. You can view the entire document by clicking VA Appraisals in Jacksonville NC Policy Changes.
One of the changes; the requirement for interior photographs of subject properties is copied and provided for your information below.
Requirement of VA fee appraisers to include interior photographs of the subject property
a. In order to bring VA valuation policy into alignment with current practices in the appraisal industry, appraisers must include interior photographs of the subject property,which at a minimum, show:
(1) The kitchen.
(2) All bathrooms.
(3) Main living area.
(4) Example of physical deterioration, if present.
(5) Example of recent updates, such as restoration, remodeling, and renovation, if present.
b. Additonally, appraisers are reminded of the following:
(1) Appraisal reports must include clear, illustrative, original photographs showing the front, rear view (preferably including a different side view in each photograph), and a street scene of the subject property and the front of each comperable sale.
(2) The subject and all comparables must be appropriately identified. Photographs of comparable listings are not required.
(3) Include photographs of any improvement, site feature, or view affecting value.
(4) Acceptable photographs include clear, illustrative images. Copies of photographs from a multiple listing service are acceptable only with an explanation why original photos are not available, i.e. gated communities where access may require trespass to photograph, etc.
VA Appraisals in Jacksonville NC may be impacted by this policy change due to the additional time required by appraisers to process the photos. It will also be beneficial for our local agents AND sellers (with VA loan buyers) to be aware of this information. If you have any questions about buying or selling a home using a VA loan, please contact one of our real estate professionals at (910) 539-5397 (texting is fine too) and we will be happy to get you the answers you need.
We are here to help you with your questions about VA appraisals in Jacksonville NC or any other information about buying or selling a home in the Camp Lejeune area.