I have many people asking me how the market is in Colorado, which of course can only be my humble opinion in my perceptions of what I read, hear and see. Here is the "official" statement in brief from CAR, (the Colorado Association of Realtors) has to say. Some of the highlights that I thought many of you may also find interesting. Please note these figures are the changes that happened between 2009 and 2010. Figures for this past year have not yet been released.
1) The number of people owning their own homes in 2010 remained pretty stable from the previous year.....not much change
2) The number of units sold in 2010 decreased slightly by about 5%
3) The median price increased about 6% on properties
4) A whopping 47% of home buyers were first time buyers
5) Colorado ranked 10th in it's foreclosure rate compared to the national average
It appears that even with all the uncertainty going on around us, first time homebuyers are still anxious to own their own home.