Beach Driving Passes on sale now for St Johns County and St. Augustine, FL.
Beach driving passes are available now at pre-season prices of $30 for St. Johns County residents and $40 for non-residents. Passes may be purchased at the St. Johns County Pier, Tax Collector's Offices and Recreation and Parks Office. The price increases by $10 beginning March 2nd. Without the pass, the daily access price is $6 for residents and $7 for non-residents.
With over 40 miles of scenic coastline, St. Johns County beaches offer some of the best recreational and wildlife viewing opportunities in the beautiful State of Florida. Just minutes from the historic district of downtown St. Augustine residents and visitors can park off-beach and walk, sunbathe, fish or enjoy wildlife viewing along endless miles of pristine coastline or park directly on the sand and enjoy a dip in the surf near one of the several staffed lifeguard towers.
Our beaches have several miles of coquina and white soft sand beaches set against a backdrop of natural dunes topped with sea oats. All which are popular for holding special events such as weddings, parties, marathons, and other events similar in nature. St. Johns County offers many beach front parks and has easy access to most of its beaches.
Beach Driving Rules include:
- Vehicle traffic must remain in the designated driving lanes as identified by cone.
- Parking is allowed on the west side of the driving lane between the cones and the conservation zone
- Vehicles are allowed to drive 10 mph on the beach
- Traffic is southbound only between A street Ramp and Crescent Beach Ramp
- Two way Traffic is permitted between Crescent Beach and Fort Matanzas Ramp
- All Vehicles are required to stop at all beach ramps and yield to all pedestrians
- Soft Sand conditions may exist please read signs as they are updated with changing conditions
For more information on beach driving, visit the St Johns County web-site for beach guidelines, including beach safety, turtle season restrictions, additional rules on beach behavior and detailed information on beach access points.
This is a photo of the St. Augustine Beach area for driving with the St Johns County Pier just barely visible.
One more reason to fall in love with St Johns County and the St. Augustine area. If you are searching for a beach-front home, let me help you with your search & purchase of your slice of paradise.