Google has once again made our lives easier. They offer a program called Google Alerts. This is Google’s Definition of their Alerts: Google Alerts are emails sent to you when Google finds new results -- such as web pages, newspaper articles, or blogs -- that match your search term. You can use Google Alerts to monitor anything on the Web.
Here are the instructions to setting up your Google Alerts:
1. Go to www.google.com/alerts. You must have a Google email account or make one
2. Put in the Term you want Google to search for. Such as your name, company name, website, area of expertise, etc
3. Choose a Result Type: Everything, books, blogs, videos, etc. I suggest everything, since who knows what will come up so do not limit it.
4. How often: As it happens, once a day, once a week. I suggest once a day, so you do not get too many Alert emails
5. How many- All results or only the best. I choose all results
6. Email address- The alerts will be emailed to your Gmail email address. If this is not your primary email address forward it to your primary email address.
You can have as many alerts set up as you would like. Like I mentioned before I would set up alerts based on at least your Full Name, Nickname’s, company name, website address, etc. Google Alerts is super helpful for keeping up on your internet presence. It is super easy to setup, so go and do it today!!