Wolfeboro’s Residential listing data reflects an increase in market inventory by 5.9% when compared to last year’s year-end stats. There are currently one hundred-forty residential homes available for purchase in Wolfeboro, twenty-nine offer waterfront and/or water access; sixteen condominium units; seventy-six vacant land parcels; seventeen manufactured homes and twelve commercial properties. Year-end sales volume is up slightly reporting a 5% increase over last year, however the average sales price has decreased by 22.5%.
Pending and contingent sales reflect an increase over last year’s activity by 10% and 8.4%, however sales are not keeping in line with the increase. There are apparently a number of pending and contingent sales that didn’t make the count of successful sales; one can only surmise that not all of the under contract transactions are making it through the inspection and/or financing contingencies. Interest rates remain at a lifetime low, the overall market remains soft – buyers with the means to purchase are in the best position during this continued time of market uncertainty.
Year-end 2010 vs. Year-end 2011 Residential Market
- 266 New Listings… up 5.9%
- 131 Homes Back on the Market…up 25.9%
- 76 Pending Sales…up 10.1%
- 103 Contingent Sales…up 8.4%
- 202 Expired Listings…down 7.76%
- 69 Listings were Withdrawn…up 10%
- 105 Residential Homes resulted in a successful close…up 5%
- Average Price Sold Homes…$393,283., down 22.5%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 211…decreased by 8.2% or 19 days
- Lowest Sales Price…16 King Street, Wolfeboro $45,080.
- Highest Sales Price…72 Parker Island Road, Wolfeboro $3,800,000.
Year-end 2010 vs. Year-end 2011 Vacant Land Market
- 61 New Listings… down 4.6%
- 30 Listings Back on the Market…up 11%
- 2 Pending Sales…down 83.3%
- 10 Contingent Sales…unchanged
- 76 Expired Listings…up 7%
- 14 Listings were Withdrawn…up 7.6%
- 6 Vacant parcels resulted in a successful close…down 76%
- Average Price for Parcels…$56,750. Down 8.72%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 686…an increase of 131%
- Lowest Sales Price… TBD Waumbeck Road, Wolfeboro $20,000. 3.6 acres
- Highest Sales Price…TBD York Road, Wolfeboro $130,000. 63 acres
Based on information from the Northern New England Real Estate Network, Inc. for the period of January 1st through December 31st, 2010 & January 1st through December 31st, 2011.
Contributed by Kathleen M. Kizer, REALTOR, ABR, GRI, ePRO, Associate Broker | Costantino Real Estate, LLC. “Your Lakes Region Professional” | Certified Residential Appraiser, NHCR-616, Wolfeboro Appraisal Services
For further inquiries or questions please e-mail to Kathleen@LakesRegionBroker.com or call 603-539-3200.