Nothing is More Important Than Location, Location, Location
For the last several days, I have been working with out-of-town buyers. There are so many questions buyers have when they are relocating form one state to another. My job as their REALTOR® is to keep the process as simple as possible. We usually start out with a long wish list but when it comes down to it, nothing is more important than location, location location.
- Where will you work? The more time you spend in your car commuting to work is less time to spend with your family. It's important to consider how far you want to be from work. If you travel a lot for business, proximity to the airport may be equally important. Fortunately, Franklin is a 30 minute or less drive to the Nashville Airport. I don't think a 30 minute drive is excessive but some home buyers might.
- What are the schools like? If you have children, school choice is a primary consideration. Parents want their kids to be in good schools. Williamson County schools are the highest ranked in the state and its public high schools have consistently received high rankings in U.S. News Reports.
- How close is the home to local amenities, such as, shopping and restaurants? This particular item is more important to some than others. If you want to be within five minutes of a grocery store, then look at neighborhoods that have close proximity to one. Or consider a Franklin TN neighborhood that has a grocery store located in the community. A few that come to mind are Fieldstone Farms, McKay's Mill and Westhaven. There are an abundance of grocery stores within Franklin--usually within 10 minutes of many homes.
- What amenities does the neighborhood offer? Many families want to have access to amenities within their neighborhood. The range of amenities vary from swimming pools to parks to walking trails. Westhaven, for example, has a 15,000 square foot resident's club house, tennis courts, a resort-style swimming pool, a full-time on-site Activities Coordinator, a 40-seat theater, fitness center and banquet facilities. Not all Franklin neighborhoods have amenities to this extent but a good number offer swimming pools and fitness facilities.
- What do you do for recreation? Do you enjoy going to the movies? Or is golf your thing? What about biking? Do you want to attend Zumba at the local recreation center? You want to make sure you have access to all the things you like to do. I like to go to the theater. Franklin has many options but I also love that I am only 30 minutes from the Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) located in Nashville. And let's not forget that country music events abound here.
- How close will I be to medical facilities? A growing number of retirees are moving to Franklin. Having access to healthcare often is a major consideration. Franklin is fortunate to have a hospital located right in town, Williamson Medical Center. But it is also reassuring to know that one of the highest ranked hospitals in the country, Vanderbilt Medical Center, is only 30 minutes away.
Obviously, there will be many other things home buyers will need to consider related directly to the home. But nothing is more important than location, location, location when buying your new Franklin TN home.
P. S. If you would like assistance buying or selling your Franklin TN home, contact Tammie White today at (615) 495-0752.