If you will be visiting Humboldt County in the near future, here are five suggestions for 'things to do' during your visit.
1. Visit 'old town' Eureka. Drive to old town, park your vehicle and take a walk. Have coffee at one of the many coffee houses. Enjoy lunch at one one the many restaurants. Walk along the bay. Browse thought one of the many bookstores.
2. Talk a long drive thought the Redwoods or better yet a long walk thought the Redwoods. There are many locations to both drive thought and walk in the Redwoods.
3. Visit downtown Arcata. Here too, park and walk around. Go exploring! There are many shops to visit, bookstores to browse and restaurants to enjoy lunch in.
4. Drive to Trinidad and take a hike to Trinidad Head. Pick up lunch on your way there, take it along and enjoy the view as you eat!
5. Drive through the old mill town of Scotia. Scotia has many interesting buildings, it was a 'company town' for many years! There are several great shop's in town to visit.
Enjoy your stay and enjoy the wonderful weather!