Gaithersburg, Maryland Committee Vacancy Updates
The Mayor and City Council are seeking members to serve on a number of City committees. Joining a City committee is a way to get involved and help the Mayor and City Council in their strategic planning process. All committees act in an advisory role. City staff helps facilitate meetings and report recommendations to the Mayor and City Council. Preference will be given to Gaithersburg residents and those who have businesses within the City.
The following committees have vacancies:
- Animal Control Board (One representative of the Montgomery County Veterinary Medical Association or shall have training and/or experience in the proper training or care of animals and one Alternate Public at Large position)
- Community Advisory Committee
- Cultural Arts Advisory Committee (and Subcommittees)
- Commission on Landlord/Tenant Affairs (incumbent up for reappointment)
- Art in Public Places Committee
- Olde Towne Advisory Committee
- Educational Enrichment Committee
- Multicultural Affairs Committee
- Police Advisory Committee
Some vacancies have occurred because of term expirations and, in some cases, committee members may seek reappointment.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above listed committees, please send (via USPS Mail) a letter of interest and a resume to: Mayor and City Council, 31 South Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877, or send via email to: email@example.com.
For more information contact Monica Sanchez at 301-258-6310.
Posted on ActiveRain as a community service. Character counts in Gaithersburg.
Kentlands in the Fall IMG_0442
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs