Times are tough for many. The available ‘pie’ of jobs is smaller and many are left at the table with no ‘share’ of their own. Whether you are busy trying to make ends meet or busy because you DO have a share of the pie, it is important to keep an ‘attitude of gratitude’. (It’s good for your health if nothing else because you’ll get sick less – honest! There have been studies done.) Amidst the rollercoaster stock market, the specter of a depression in Europe, the forecast of more economic sluggishness here at home, and the gridlocked congress, it’s hard to see the improvements that have taken place over the past years…so here you go:
· The world is more peaceful: Per the Peace Research Institute Oslo, the rate of war related deaths is ½ of what it was in the 1990s;
· The economy IS perking up: No double dip recession AND we’ve added 1.4 million jobs in 2011 according to the US Labor Department;
· We’re importing less oil: Dept. of Energy figures show that from 2005 our imports have dropped from 12 million barrels per day to 8.8 million a day;
· Traffic fatalities are down: We are at the lowest level of deaths per miles traveled EVER according to the Department of Transportation;
· Crime is dropping: FBI statistics show that violent crimes are down 6.4% from last year, even in these tough times;
· Finally…RATES ARE STILL AT ALL TIME LOWS!!!!!!
So, lets kick off 2012 realizing that things are getting better and keep an ‘attitude of gratitude’.
Colorado Real Estate Broker
Altitude Real Estate llc.