Sell your home! Five tips to help you sell quickly for the highest valuation
As we all know,the home sales have hit a record low even though this is a home buyers market and this will be the best time ever to buy a home since there are more supply than demand. However,some motivated home sellers have become savvy in doing whatever they can to sell their home. I would like to share with you what someone shared with me. Here are five tips to get your home sold quickly for the highest valuation:
- Prelist Home Inspections. These inspections allow home sellers to identify and repair problems rather than lose money during the sale. Statistics show that for every $1 of identified repairs, the home buyer would ask for double that in a price reduction. Paying $5,000 to repair a roof is far more enticing than losing $10,000 in the sale.
- Neighborhood Environmental Reports. These reports provide important information on known and potential contamination that may exist on or in the vicinity of a property. The seller could use this information to ensure buyers that the home is in an environmentally safe neighborhood.
- An overview of the neighborhood's assets. A list of the neighborhood's assets can help sellers market the area's positive attributes along with those of the home. Nearby schools, parks, community pools or other features can add value for a home buyer.
- Minor interior cosmetic enhancements. Upgrading or enhancing elements in a home gives potential home buyers the feeling that they can move in and feel comfortable in the home right away. Besides making kitchen and bathroom upgrades and cleaning floors and windows, the entry way should be well lit, clean and uncluttered, as it's the first room a potential home buyer evaluates.
- Minor exterior cosmetic enhances, curb appeal. Establish the right first impression by making a home's exterior more appealing. Make certain the lawn is green and mowed. Evaluate any stone walkways to be certain they're even. Plant flowers to add color and vibrancy.
If you are in the market to buy a house for sale in Washington DC,please visit my website at www.freelistofhomesforsale.com. I can also be reached at 202-378-0283 (Direct) or (301) 560-6700 x1154 (Office). Thank you very much. Looking forward to working with you and helping you make your home buying or selling process a stress free and very happy one. Have a great day. Lanre Folayan "Buy Washington DC Real Estate"