Being 2012 Optimistic
Let Me Count the Ways!
I don't know if you've noticed it, but I have ...
There's been a distinct change in the air, as of late. An air of optimism that has been missing within our real estate industry for way too long.
I don't mean I'm just seeing or hearing it in the media either. I've seen it in my clients' demeanor, their faces, their outlook. They're more upbeat.
And I've sensed it when I've heard my referral partners' telling of the uptick in activity they've been experiencing since the New Year.
THOSE first-hand accounts. THOSE things.They're the ones I consider reliable!
And if I needed MORE reasons to be optimistic about buyers' attitudes? This last week (yes, the week with Chicagoland's first winter storm of 2012) brought all the following very optimistic and positive actions to light for me personally. I almost had to pinch myself!
When was the last time you heard of these happenings occurring ... all in the same week??
- A Seller CLOSED on his sale, and then SIGNED A CONTRACT for another home AND was able to negotiate a possession date/agreement to eliminate a second move?
- A couple bought a "step-up" home WITHOUT selling their present home ... which they plan on "updating" to make it saleable? (They will not be renting it out)
- A First-Time Homebuyer is "borrowing" against her 401k to be capable of putting 20% down on her new home purchase, thus establishing a home environment of her own?
- A FSBO (For Sale By Owner) went under contract?
- A "city" couple listed their condominium ... and are now pre-approved for their home purchase in the suburbs?
- A young, First-Time Homebuyer decided to buy a home at the top-end of his approvability? While rates hit historic lows? He's completely over his payment shock and fears!
Maybe it's the optimism that comes with the New Year? Maybe it's the winter weather and beautiful snow finally arriving in Chicagoland?? But I prefer to think that Buyers are out there in larger numbers, ready to buy homes, and UNDERSTANDING that there may not ever be a better time to buy than in today's present market.
I say ... Don't get left behind! If you're thinking about BUYING a home (or refinancing), hop on the optimistic bandwagon and contact me today. Together we'll see what can be accomplished for you in today's buyer-friendly housing market with historically-low interest rates.
If you're an agent or broker? Spread the 2012 optimism! Spread the word! Get your prospective clients to me, or to your professional, experienced mortgage lender to be pre-qualified. NOW is the time!
Take 2012 by the tail and make it YOUR year!
* Want to find out if you can buy a home in Chicagoland or elsewhere? Interested in starting the home buying process? Looking for a strong, reliable professional mortgage referral partner?
My 35 years of successful mortgage experience and expertise will help guide and assist you, or your clients, throughout the mortgage process ... from pre-qualification to post-closing.
through any of the following means. I'll be glad to hear from you and have the opportunity to earn your trust and your mortgage business.
Direct: 815.277.4036 Cell/Text: 708.921.6331