You know, when you run your mouth as much as I do, it's hard to think of 5 things that may not be public knowledge....
But to humor Jay per his blog earlier today, here goes (more in depth than my comment, Jay). =)
1. I'm a classically trained pianist and vocalist. I was forced to take piano starting at age 6, fell in love with it by age 9 and have played ever since. I teach a few students on the side just for fun! My beloved middle and high school chorus teacher, Ken Young, showed me that I had vocal talent as well. At the time, I was the accompanist for the school choruses, and didn't think I was any good. I wound up in a lot of competitions, sang in college, more weddings and funerals than I can list here, and spent 10 years singing with the Charlotte Symphony (currently on a break because of the kiddos and bedtime conflicts).
2. I was a woman sales rep for Husqvarna. yep, it WAS as much fun as you might think! It was eye-opening to be a woman in a man's world, to say the least. The corporate honchos trotted me out at a lot of trade shows to show how progressive they were...and I drove 5000 miles per month on average, flew out of town at least two weekends a month, was moved into new territories every 11 months to trouble-shoot. Long story short, that got old! Did enjoy the annual sales meeting in Stockholm though.
3. I'm a certified OSHA logging safety instructor. Of course, that ties in with my Husqvarna days! i can tell LOTS of stories about logging. It's somewhat like you imagine, and then again nothing like you imagine. I won't share the photos I used in safety class, they will turn your stomach!
4. I paid for college by bartending. I had a full ride at Florida State University as a National Merit Scholar, but then made some changes-decided I didn't want to be a music major after all and was homesick, so I transferred to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I lost the scholarship $$ when I moved, but kept all my credits. Got a job waitressing and bartending and finished my bachelor's degree in 3 years total.
5. I'm a certified USSSA softball umpire. Another job I picked up in college for cash (and yes, to pick up guys!).
How's that? More than you ever wanted to know I'll wager!