MEMED?? What the heck is that???
I read about this "meme" thing on Mary McKnight's blog, and just thought it was something that was going on in the outer world of blogging. But I see it's now made it's way here into the rain puddles of Active Rain.
I've been tagged by none other than Mr. Moo-Man, Angus Woodbury. Thank you Moo!! ;-)
I was told I need to write about 5 things most people don't know about me. What 5 things? Are there 5 things about me that I can actually tell people? Hmmmm, well here goes:
1) I was the 6th generation of my family born in Clermont, Florida, and my ancestors were the founders of that town. Large sections of Clermont have been built up on land owned by my family many years ago. I've got 2 pictures of 5 generations of us in the pictures. One of these was run in the local newspaper when I was born. My mom, my grandfather, my great-grandmother, and my great-great grandmother, plus me, are all in those pictures. I remember both of my great and great-great grandmothers, so they were alive for a number of years after I was born. My full name is Elizabeth Ann Cummings, and my mom and dad were childhood sweethearts.
2) I lived in Spain for the summer between high school and college. I was part of the Spanish-American Heritage Exchange Program, and was one of just a handful of kids chosen from around the country to take part in this program. I wanted to come back home the minute I arrived over there, and when it was time for me to come back home, I didn't want to leave! I lived with a well-to-do family in a small town in sort of the northern part of Spain - Guardo. I used to speak fairly fluent Spanish, but it's one of those things where if you don't use it you lose it.
3) I lived in St. Thomas for about a year and a half just before I came into real estate. I went down there with a boyfriend and several other friends. It was great fun, and we enjoyed most of our time there, but there was alot of strong racial tension going on during that time, so we had to be careful where we went at times and when we went certain places. We'd take 2-3 day visits to neighboring islands, St. John and Tortola, but it was vacation-land where we were as well. It really was beautiful down there, and I'd love to go back again sometime, this time just to visit though.
4) I'm scared to death of spiders, and I'm terrified of speaking in public! Believe it or not, I served as State President of the New Hampshire Association of REALTORS with that almost paralyzing fear. I did manage to get through, and got a little bit better towards the end of my term. And I'm afraid of dogs, but I LOVE cats! ;-)
5) By the time I graduated from high school (Plattsburgh High School, Plattsburgh, NY), I had moved 16 times. That's ALOT of moving! I grew up in the Air Force, my dad was a pilot, and we moved around a bit. You'd think after all that, I would have been done with moving. NOT! I went to 3 different colleges - Florida Southern, Arizona State, and I graduated from the University of New Hampshire. Since then, I've pretty much stayed put here in Portsmouth, NH!
So, there you go - FIVE things about me that most people don't know, or didn't until now.
I'm also choosing to exercise my discretion and I'm going to tag a 4th person:
******* OK - I'm updating this post, because I was tagged AGAIN for another Meme, this time by Tony Marriott. My second set of 5 things most people don't know about me is here - follow that link to discover some additional tidbits!