There are different levels of services for clients and customers. First let's define who are clients and who are customers in a real estate transaction.
Seller Customer: A customer who has chosen not to be represented in the transaction and has not signed the "Listing Agreement" with a Broker. (e.g., FSBO, Builders, or others)
Seller Client : A customer who has chosen to be represented exclusively in the transaction and has signed the "Listing Agreement".
As a Client you will receive OLDCAR (Obedience, Loyalty, Disclosure, Confidentially, Accounting, and Reasonable Care). As a Customer you should be treated Honesty and fair.
As a Seller (Customer), you can expect certain services from the Broker/Agent:
1. We may view the property on buyer-client’s behalf.
2. We may show your property to our client-buyers.
3. We may gather information on buyer-client’s behalf.
4. We may prepare any offers on buyer-client’s behalf.
5. We may negotiate offers on buyer-client’s behalf.
6. We may assist our client-buyers in locating and obtaining financing or any other terms that benefit uyer-client.
7. We may work with all parties to solve problems and facilitate the closing.
8. We may provide our buyer-client assistance in coordinating inspections or surveys etc.
9. We will disclose any defects we know about the property.
10. We may relay to buyer all information that we learn from you.
As a Seller (Customer), you will not receive…
1. Price counseling or prepare CMA (Comparative Market Analysis).
2. Any advice on how much to sell your property.
3. Any advice regarding property, showing tips, staging, etc.
4. Any Marketing.
5. Pre-Qualifying Buyers
6. Host an open house.
7. Any advice regarding positions to take during negotiations.
8. Any information that would be detrimental to the Buyer’s negotiating position or that is confidential, unless required by law to disclose.