I too read about this new phenomenom in blogsville on Mary McNights blog
Tag I'm It: Meme Marketing and What 5 things you don't know about me.
I thought it was a great idea and then I read Jay and Francy Thompsons blog The First Active Rain Meme.
Then lo and behold I got tagged by my dear friend Ann Cummings MEMED I've Been Memed.
I guess I have to write about 5 things that others do not know about me.
So here goes..
photo Bamberg, Germany
1. I was born in Bamberg, Germany June 3rd 1954 and I was adopted by Joseph and Pauline McGillicuddy. I was in an orphanage until I was adopted on September 22nd 1955. My birth name is Holger Rainer Bezold and I didn't find out what that was until i was 35 yrs old.
2. I hitch hiked from Atlanta, Ga. to Monterey, Ca. in 3 1/2 days back in 1974 the longest I had to wait for a ride was 8 and 10 hours just outside San Antonio and El Paso, TX. All other rides I waited only about 10 minutes. I met some really wonderful people and just one girl that was a little freaky who wanted to take me to a party but I told her I needed to get out at the next exit. She was weird.. I got picked up by a lady in Oxnard, Ca. with her little child in a volkswagon who when I opened the door asked if I was going to kill her. I said no, of course. She brought me back to her place and fed me dinner and let me use her shower and she let me call back to Atlanta to let my then girlfriend know I was ok. She brought me to Santa Barbara after dinner and told me I would get a ride if I stood in this certain spot across the street. I said my goodbyes walked across the street and stuck out my thumb and got a ride by the first car that came by and he dropped me off in Monterey,Ca. How cool was that?
3. I met a lady in a bar that was having Jean Rousseau's baby. Jean Rousseau was the keyboard player for Cat Stevens in the Catch Bull at Four Album. After she had her baby she invited us to the Oakland Colliseum to watch the concert and visit the band after the show. I sat right next to Cat Stevens and listened as he was talking about the band and how they played that night. I enjoyed listening to his music but I was not that impressed with his egotistical behavior.
4. I worked at John Gardiner's Tennis Ranch in Carmel Valley, Ca. in 1974-75. I was a chef's assistant and Mrs. Gardiner asked me one day to get a ping pong table out of the recreation building for Clint Eastwood because he wanted to play ping pong later in the day. I never did see Clint but I did see Johnny Carson, Vivian Vance, Rhonda Fleming and missed John Wayne by a week. John Wayne was there the week before I started working there.
5. My son Justin graduated from Minnetonka High School in Minnetonka, Minnesota in June of 1998. The day after graduation he took me flying in an airplane that he had been learning how to fly in at the Flying Cloud arport. I had taught him how to drive a stick shift car just a year and a half before that. I was pretty impressed at his accomplishment at the age of 18. He started flying lessons when he was about 15 due to a friend who's father worked at the airport.
That's my 5 little tid bits and I choose to tag the following people.
Serving Southern New Hampshire and Rockingham County
Hampstead NH Real Estate