I was memed by Carole Cohen .
When I found out about being memed I thought what in the world could I tell people about myself that would be interesting and they might not already know about. With two profiles, one as a real estate agent and one as a real estate trainer, here on Active Rain I figure everything is pretty well out there.
I'm going to have to combine those profiles somehow because I'm starting to feel a little schizo with 2 Me's running around.
So I dug deep.
1. I arrived in the United States when I was 5 years old after a week and half at sea...it wasn't pleasant. I remember leaving the big ship and walking along this long drab tunnel with what seemed like thousands of other people...my mom tightly clasping my hand pulling me along.
I was afraid because I could hear crying up ahead and there were lots of people in line ahead of us. As we got closer to the end of the line I could see this huge ugly woman dressed in white with a funny white cap on and this small guy in a wrinkly suit next to her...he held this god awful huge shiny needle in his hand and I tried to pull away when I saw it but my parents wouldn't let me.
The big woman grabbed my arm and wiped it with this cold stuff and the little man, before I could even push at the woman, stuck the huge needle in my arm...man did it hurt and I cried..screamed is probably more like it. Welcome to the United States of America. I became a citizen in 1986 and was proudly sworn in during a huge ceremony held in Concord NH.
2. I always liked being active and helping people so in the mid 80's I became one of the first female volunteer firefighters in my town. It was an interesting time in my life as female fire fighters were not embraced by any stretch of the imagination.
I learned a lot about people, their characters, inner strength and small town politics. I went on to become a certified EMT but eventually the things I saw became too hard to bear and that along with family demands my life took another path.
3. I married my soul mate...we met on an MLS caravan...I was standing up on the second floor open balcony of this beautiful house looking down at all the REALTORS when suddenly the new guy on the block walked through the door.
I had heard about him as his dad was a well known broker in our area...so when Joe McGillicuddy's son Jay arrived on the REALTOR® scene everyone knew about it.
I stood there and saw him walk in and at the same time he looked up saw me and somehow our eyes locked and the rest is history.
4. Jack Kemp when he was the czar of housing planted a big kiss on me. He came and spoke at our state convention and I thought he was pretty hot looking for an older guy...LOL...so I made my way up to him, I was wearing a red power suit and I was hoping he'd notice me. He did and he kissed me...wow. I told every one who would listen to me, that he kissed me and that I was never going to wash my face again. LOL I thought it was a pretty big deal but no one else did!
5. Even though I am on "stage" often as I travel about teaching and conducting workshops I am very shy and struggle with it daily. I have a hard time walking into a crowded room and talking with people...or being at a party full of people..even if I know all of them I still struggle with it. Once I'm out of my shell I'm fine and most people have no clue that I am shy and wouldn't believe it even if I told them.
This is fun!!!
Serving Southern New Hampshire and Rockingham County
Hampstead NH Real Estate