This year's Palm Sunday Events will be dedicated to the memory of long-time Margaret Place Historical District (MPHD) resident, preservationist and my friend, Ben Mount.
You can learn more about this announcement and the weekend activities on the Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society's (CHPS) website. Briefly, the tour has been expanded to include the following to help celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Margaret Place.
- Margaret Place Fan Tour on Saturday afternoon/evening, March 31st
- 100th Anniversary Brunch at 121 Artisan's Bistro on Sunday, April 1st Two seatings.
- Free Exhibit at ICCS that will include Margaret Place Artwork by Sue Zimmerman
-Palm Sunday Tour of nine private homes in Margaret Place
- Blocked streets to better enjoy the vintage cars that will be on display
- Optional, complimentary civic center parking with transporation and historical insights provided by a docent on the Lake Charles Trolley
- Carriage rides by reservation with J&R Carriage
- Full color program
This effort is under the direction of a significant joint committee comprised of hard working representatives from CHPS, MPHD, the SWLA Convention and Visitor's Bureau, the Arts and Humanites Council, and the City of Lake Charles.
Tickets to the Fan Tour and Brunch (two seatings) are limited
Tickets can also be purchased by check by printing out a multi- purpose form that also provides for those wishing to volunteer, advertise and/or serve as a sponsor.
Special thanks to Sue Zimmermann and Empire of the Seed Historical Properties for the "Images of Margaret Place" artwork such as the column to the left which is displayed here with permission. To see more of Sue Zimmermann's artwork, visit Sue Zimmermann.com.