Real Estate Agent's Tool Kit. How to efficiently keep in touch with your clients, prospects, sphere of influence and friends.
Keeping in touch is one of the most important and most challenging duties which Real Estate agents owe to themselves and to their clients.
I am talking about few categories of people with whom we, the agents, should keep in touch:
- Current sellers = communication is a-must. Lack of contacts after signing the Exclusive right to sell is the most common complaint by sellers. At least once a week communication is highly recommended. Report to the seller about your marketing efforts, pass on feed backs from the other agents, share the market updates (new competitors, sales, etc.)
- Current buyers = communication is the king. Skip few days, and you can lose the client to the other agent because buyer wants to buy the home, not to wait till agent finds time to keep in touch.
- Sellers after closing = communication may be tough, especially if your client is relocating far away from your place. Simple politeness and courtesy of sending Thank you, Happy birthday, Just thinking about you notes makes a good habit.
- Buyers after clolsing = don't abandon your clients! New homeowners need a lot of information which the agent as a local expert, can provide. Happy buyers are our best source of referrals. However, many agents tend to forget about keeping in touch with their former clients. Isn't it the reason why only 23% of all sellers and 17% of repeat buyers use the agent who worked with them before? Most of the sellers bought their current home or sold the previous one with the help of Real Estate agent. 63% of all sellers and 65% of all buyers were positive that they would definitely use their agent again ofr recommend to others*. Not keeping in touch means loss of business and it costs too much to Real Estate agents!
* Data from the NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Home Selles, 2011
- People who ever mentioned that they are thinking about buying or selling Real Estate = you want to be the agent whom these people will call once they really need a help. You want to bring your name as a Real Estate professional in front of this people. You need to keep in touch.
- Your friends, business or leisure contacts and family who ever discussed Real Estate with you = Excellent potential source of business if you keep in touch!
I am positive that every Real Estate agent knows these basics. The problem is - HOW TO MAKE KEEPING IN TOUCH EASY AND CONSISTENT?
Let's look what is in the Real Estate agent's tool box.
Let me share with you one instrument which is a great helper to any agent who wants to keep in touch easily and consistently.
It's NewPanda - contact management system, specifically designed for Real Estate industry.
Just go to NewPanda.com. You get a FREE contact management. Upload or input your contacts, set up the groups.
What can you do with NewPanda to keep in touch easily and consistently?
1. Subscribe your contacts to a monthly Real Estate Newsletter. Newsletter is pre-written for you , and it contains very interesting articles, videos, polls. You may easily cusomize it, change header, add your articles or images. Or just send the "canned" newsletter, which is not a bad idea, especially when you are real busy selling Real Estate.
2. Set up an auto-pilot e-cards. Let your contacts to get your nicely and professionaly designed e-cards every holiday, anniversary, birthday or any other date whch is significant to them.
3. Create e-listing and send information about it to those groups of your contacts who may be interested in it.
4. Track the results of your e-mail campaigns. See who opened your letter, what was the conversion rate, how many people opened it more than once, etc.
5. Create To-Do list. Remind yourself to make that important call or to arrange the lunch with your contact.
6. Print mailing labels when you need to mail the hand written or preprinted cards to your contacts.
7. Create custom messages using beautiful professionally designed templates.
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU CONTACTS and help more people to buy or sell Real Estate.
More information about other usefull tools for Real Estate agents may be found at: