Are you thinking of installing a water well in Hopkinton, MA. This article is geared towards understanding Hopkington, MA Board of Health Regulations. Understanding your town regulations can be instumental in compiling total project costs when it comes to drilling a water well in Hopkinton, MA.
- Permit Info: Well construction permit fee: $300.00
- Well Location : Engineered site plan required labeling well location by civil engineer or sanitarian.
- Water Quality testing: Extensive Plus Radon
- Water Quantity testing : 4 Hour test with town inspector present. This test must be schedualed with the town.
- Real Estate Transfer Requirments: Must provide a Extensive Test within 5 years of closing submitted to Town prior to closing.
Wells on average in the Town of Hopkinton, MA range from 300-400 in depth however its not uncommon for wells to run shallower or deeper hence why its called the average. The casing depth averages at 40 feet however deeper pockets of rock are possible.
If you have further questions in regards to Hopkinton, MA water Well Regulations you can refer to their website @ http://www.hopkinton.org/boh/pdf/BOH-regulations.pdf