I've written, erased, written, erased this post as I try to convey the magnitude of the power of trust. Do I start with talking about what trust is not? About mistrust? No...I don't think so. That's a negative. We can all trust every day....I trust that the sun will rise. I trust that if I do my work I will get paid. No...that's not the trust I'm talking about. For me trust comes down to the:
The BHAG is the Big Hairy Audacious Goal. Ultimately, real, deep down game changing trust comes down to the BHAG. For me, I have a few BHAGs.
- I want to have the best marriage ever;
- I want to raise children that love God, are leaders, and who will positively change the lives of others through example and actions, and I want to;
- Spend my time trying to make a massive impact on the world
This requires trust.....
- I need to believe that God has the perfect spouse for me. I need to believe that my wife will accept me, good and bad, for who I am, while I'm still striving and working for something better;
- I need to let my kids communicate with me and for me to love them the way my father and mother did, even when the kids are wrong. I can still discipline them, but it's out of love. That, my friend, it what real trust is.
- In my quest to change the world, I have a vision that I can share with coaches and partners at work that help me achieve those goals through personal improvement, coaching, accountability, and vice versus.
Trust isn't a definition...
It's a way of life for those things that matter most.
Without trust we perish, but with trust, dreams are realized!
This post is a submission to the ActiveRain / Adobe EchoSign Trust Contest. I could possibly win a prize. You can find out about the contest by clicking here