Ok I got tagged in the meme-go-round. If you are reading this chances are that you know what this means by now, but if not you can read the original post .
So...for your reading enjoyment...five things you didn't know about me.
1) I was a computer nerd early on, starting out with a TRS 80 and a Commodore Vic 20 (with tape drive!) when I was in middle school. If you look at this photo and get a warm wave of nostalgia then you and I would get along.
2) I was an All American boxer in college and made it to the collegiate national championships in Reno Nevada my senior year. I lost my final bout (my only bout that was televised) - a split decision loss to a hometown boy from UNR.
3) I lived in Bogotá Colombia for three years working for an oil company. Best place I've ever lived.
4) I have a cat that I adopted for $2 at a shelter in Bogotá and it cost me $300 to bring her back to the US when I moved back. Well actually it cost the company that I was working for because I was able to expense it.
5) My favorite vice is Maggie Moo's cotton candy flavored ice cream, which comes in a industrial chemical shade of blue and stains your teeth, lips, and anything else it comes into contact with. My wife thinks it is disgusting.
There. Now I'm sure you all know me better! And I'm tagging: no one. If the first person tags three people, and they tag three people, and so on, and so on, by fifteen generations you'll have more than fourteen million people tagged. So I don't think I'm letting the community down by failing to pass the baton.
Note: Items #1 and 2 are usually mutually exclusive, but I've managed to nuture both my inner jock and my inner geek.