Random Thoughts...and in no particular order.
1. Why the push for all the auto leases lately? According to one Lexus salesman I talked to it's because the car dealers have figured out they can lease you a car, charge you a nice chunk up front, charge you a nice chunk on the back end and still have a great used car to sell. Hmmm...
2. Have you watched UNDERCOVER BOSS? Some of those stories have been pretty great. I think every "BOSS" should know what the "FRONT LINE GUY" is doing in their company. From the Hooters manager that was degrading the waitstaff, to the 7-11 truck driver from Romania, I'll bet most companies would be suprised, both good and bad at what they'd find if they could go undercover!
3. Does anyone else think that things were simpler back in the day...you know before huge conglomerates owned everything and gave us fantastic NEW products like TIDE--now with DOWNEY FRESHNESS, Jolly Rancher Cherry Flavor SMELL and OXICLEAN. C'mon man, I liked it better when I could just buy TIDE and if I wanted DOWNEY it supported a different company and different jobs!
4. I really favor buying local. Local businesses give an area "flavor". They also tend to be MORE in tune with their customer base because they live and work right next to their customer. I also REALLY like local restaurants...but I understand that's a TOUGH business to be in!
5. Why are there at least as many "LEAD GENERATION COMPANIES" out there as their are BROKERAGES. And why do they all claim to have "EXCLUSIVE LEADS" when the fact is that most home buyers visit multiple websites and may put their contact information in more than one site to get what they want.
6. Is it just my imagination or does the REAL ESTATE profession personify "EAT THEIR OWN" better than any other industry out there? I mean how many companies are out there that are made just to separate an agent from their money without a care in the world as to whether their service is actually valuable!?
7. Betty White! Man, I hope I come off half as "with it" and have a tenth of the friends that she has at 90! I hope I make it to 90...just like my Grandma who turned 90, 6 months or so ago!
8. Doesn't it seem like the whole political thing could be something that was happening on a third grade playground? But HE said, but SHE said, but, but, but...even my FIVE year old knows enough to say Just follow the CONSTITUTION and we'll be ALL RIGHT as we have been for over 200 years...yes, there will be growing pains but those guys 200 years ago were pretty danged smart...or maybe even inspired?
9. Why do some agents try to come off as being these SUPER LISTING agents when 80% of their business is representing BUYERS?
10. Why does everyone automatically assume a foreclosure or short sale is a "GOOD DEAL"? After you figure all the time and money for repairs and upgrades, it's usually not the case. I have had TWO short sales in the last five years that were READY TO MOVE IN and priced right...most others can have a good price but need varying amounts of work. Just depends on whether you enjoy the work or spending the money on the house to have someone else to it I guess...Me, I'd rather head to the beach!