Chris Twing is a central Texas home stager whith great ideas on how to get your home ready for the spring selling season. The winter weather in Tallapoosa, GA has been extra warm this year so, the spring selling season seems to have started early here. If you are thinking about selling this spring, now it the time to get ready. Thanks for the great advice Chris.
If you need assistance with your spring home sale or purchase in West GA or East AL, call Karen Steed at Haralson Realty, 678-521-3585 or 770-574-9221.
Ask any realtor, new or old, and they will tell you spring is the busiest time in the real estate market. While “spring” is traditionally thought of as March, April and May the spring real estate market in Central Texas really begins in early to mid-February.
Whether you have decided to put your home on the market this spring or are just considering it NOW is the time to get the ball rolling. Here are the four things you should do this month.
- Put things away
- Remove anything that doesn’t add to the function or décor of a room
- Be sure walkways (inside) are open and you can move freely through and around every room
- Clean out storage spaces such as closets, the garage, attic and storage sheds
Clean (spring cleaning is coming early this year!)
- Windows (inside and out)
- Appliances (inside, outside, under and behind)
- Cupboards (inside and out)
- Fans and light fixtures
- Air vents and filters
- Remove cobwebs from corners and ceilings
- Have carpets, furniture and tile grout steam cleaned
- Launder curtains and drapes
- Complete any small repairs such as paint touch ups, fixing leaky faucets or patching holes in the drywall
Create Curb Appeal
- Clean planting beds by pulling weeds and turning mulch or adding new mulch
- Edge, trim and mow grass
- Trim bushes (check to see if your bushes can be pruned this time of year)
- Add cold hard annuals such as pansies
With these four things out of the way you can turn your attention to the décor knowing you now have a clean, decluttered, and well repaired home.
Click here to see examples of their work.
Looking for home staging tips? Please visit the Twing Staging & Redesign Blog.