If green is your color and your desire for your new home, then I suggest you take a list at the following questions when your out on your next house hunting adventure.
1. Has the home been certified for energy efficiency or environmental impact by an independent third-party?
2. Is your real estate agent green-minded?
3. How energy efficient is the home now?
4. Is the home oriented for energy-free heating and cooling?
5. Can I outfit it for solar energy?
6. How water-wise is the home?
7. Are lead and asbestos lurking in the home?
8. Are there other indoor air pollution sources?
9. Are there other hazards I should know about?
10. How can I pay for future improvements?