Jeff Belonger just contacted me today and said I had been memed. My first reaction was, what the heck is that? Is it good? Is it bad? I need more information.
Fortunately, Jeff included a link to his blog where he memed me. He did a brief explanation and that gave me enough info to go by and understand it is a great thing to get memed. Why? It allows your fellow ARers to get to know you a little bit better.
So what is it? Apparently it was started by Mary McKnight, you know the Web 2.0 guru here spreading great ideas on how we can build our web presence and how we can blog our way to success. Truly an awesome lady that is willing to share most of her secrets. This is no doubt a way to help all of us "break out" and start blogging away, getting a little personal along that path.
Putting in personality in your blogging is one key to becoming trusted and having people want to work with you. As we get to know our AR brothers ans sisters, we can help each other more and also find those we would like to build a relationship with to grow each others' business. Getting memed is one way to get you started down that path.
OK, how does it work? Well, the best I can tell is that if you get memed, you need to tell 5 things that people do not know about you from AR. That means five things you have not blogged out yet. That puts me in a bit of a bind as I think I have blogged about most of what I want you to know about me. So here goes the down and dirty (close your eyes). Just kidding.
Here are the 5 things you may not know about me. I may have blogged about them, but I don't remember and i don't have the time to review my posts right now.
- Believe it or not, I secretly design websites (just basic ones) for friends and as a hobby for myself. I currently have 4 website designs active on 6 domains. One is my main company site, two are duplicates of my main site, 1 is an customer rights website and the other 2 are hobbies/marketing test sites which will develop into specific targeted markets as time goes on. My friends websites are www.businesseventsmagazine.com, which I will be handing over as they have outgrown what I can provide, and also www.riskprotectionservices.com, which is under development right now and only has a parked page at the moment.
- Also, though I am afraid of speaking in front of groups, I have faced that fear head on and started to hold seminars and speak at events about 6 months ago. I have a wide variety of topics covering mortgages, mortgage planning, credit scoring, and identity theft. If you would like to attend one of my speaking events or would like me to speak at one of your events, feel free to contact me or fill in the request form located on my main site, www.solidrockmortgage.com.
- Born in Texas, moved to the Philadelphia area (partly in DE, mostly PA), where I spent most of my childhood. Went to college in Florida then moved to Puerto Rico, followed by northern Virginia, then flying brought me to South Florida. Refer to my profile for financial and mortgage business related details, please.
- OK, As you probably know, I am a pilot currently on furlough from American Airlines. Pilots always have favorite airplanes, so I will list mine in order...Boeing 727, Boeing 767-300, Boeing 757-200 are my top three and I have flown all of them. I will leave the places I flew for the next item on the list, but here are the other planes I have flow...Boeing 737-800, Jetstream 41, Jetstream 32, and the MU-2. I have held positions as Captain on both Jetstreams and I have logged over 7,600 hours in the air.
- Places that I have actually flown the airplane to are diverse. Stateside, I was mostly limited to the east coast, particularly the northeast corridor, but I have flown to the west coast sevral times as well. Here are the states I have flown to at least one city in...ME, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, IL, MI, OH, WV, VA, DC, MD, NC, SC, FL, GA, TN, MO, IN, OK, IA, MN, UT, CA, TX, and LA. Out side of the US, I have been to at least one city in the following countries...Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador, Columbia, Venezuela, Argentina, Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Croix, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, France, Switzerland, and Italy, having crossed the Atlantic Ocean 18 times.
OK, hopefully that provided you more background on who I am and fulfills my meming duty. Now, the second part of being memed is to meme 3-5 more people, just as Jeff did to me, so here I go....Karl Christen, Laurie Planamento, Colleen Kulikowski, Drew Monaghan, and Christine Adler. Let's hope they will continue meming until it gets around to everyone.